We have recently been restructuring both the format and guidelines for grant applications, and we appreciate your patience during this transition period. Previously, we distributed grants on an annual basis; we will now be awarding grants on a bi-annual basis. Please read below for more details on when and how to apply.
As noted, we will be awarding grants twice a year – once in the fall, and once in the spring. Each application cycle will have two stages: Stage one will consist of an initial screening application; if invited to advance to stage two, the grantee will then complete a more comprehensive application with supporting documents and financials.
When the applications are open, there will be a link provided on this page that will allow for the necessary forms to be completed online. The initial Stage 1 application will consist of a brief overview (no more than 1,000 words) of the purpose of the grant and/or the mission of the organization. Please do not send this information via email or before the first open date; it will not be entered as an official application.
Timeline for Fall Cycle
- Jun 1-Jul 15: Stage 1 application is open
- Jul 31: Applicants are notified if they advance to Stage 2
- Aug 1-Aug 31: Stage 2 application is open, for those eligible
- Sep 30: Applicants are notified of final grant decisions
Timeline for Spring Cycle
- Dec 1-Jan 15: Stage 1 application is open
- Jan 31: Applications are notified if they advance to Stage 2
- Feb 1-Feb 28: Stage 2 application is open, for those eligible
- Mar 31: Applicants are notified of final grant decisions
Please check back soon for more detailed information about our
philosophy, our passions, and the types of organizations we tend to fund.
For the time being, note that Gloria Dei generally does not fund the following areas:
- Capital campaigns, operating support, and
scholarships for traditional higher education institutions.
- Individual church congregations
- Natural disaster aid/relief
- Community-based civic organizations